Classrooms that come alive; students that are engaged; that’s where real learning lives. Watching caterpillars become butterflies, witnessing amazing forces of weather, getting “up-close and personal” with plants and bugs can be the spark that lights the fire of life-long learning for a child.
That’s where Holden R-III School Foundation comes in. Through teacher grants, scholarships and directed donations, the Foundation promotes excellence and supports the innovations that make our great school system, even better.
Support of the Foundation helps to:
- Encourage academic excellence for all students in the Holden R-III School District
· Each year, the Holden School Foundation awards an outstanding high school senior a scholarship to assist with their college education.
- Promote student and educator leadership and achievement
· Whether rewarding district educators with a dessert bar or a grant, or funding ways to reward students who excel in things like the Science Olympiad and the Art Club, the foundation supports leadership and achievement throughout the district.
- Provide resources, facilities and technology that expand classrooms
· Twice each school year, the foundation awards teacher grants designed to help staff expand classrooms. Missouri history and state government came to life for an entire fourth grade who traveled to Jefferson City through grant funds.
- Endorse a quality learning environment for each student and our community
· Donations directed through the foundation have funded projects from athletics, like the state-of-the-art high school track, to academics, creating a reading center in the elementary library, engaging learners in all areas of study.
Holden’s children need you. You have the power to make a difference in their lives.
Contributions may include pledges, memorials and tributes of any amount, and financial support of fund-raising activities. The foundation is a 501c(3) corporation; all donations are tax-deductible. Perhaps one of the best aspects of your support is that your contribution will directly affect the learning opportunities of students in the Holden R-III School District because your dollar stays right herein Holden.
Holden R-III School District employees are eligible for payroll deduction. District staff donations combine to create nearly $5,000 every year; small sacrifices making big differences. Many employers offer matching gift programs. This is a great way to make your gift do even more. Check with your employer for details.
The Foundation is made up of volunteers from the community who value the uniqueness of each child and the importance of providing students further opportunities to excel in all areas of study. Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at the Holden Innovation Center, 124 W. 2nd Street, Holden, at 6:00 p.m.
Become a member today!The Holden R-III School Foundation is a tax-free entity that can enhance student endeavors in many ways; from providing support to existing groups to administering scholarships and grants. Contributions may include pledges, memorials, tributes of any amount, and financial support of fundraising activities. The Holden R-III Foundation is a 501c (3) corporation and all donations are tax-deductible. Your contribution will directly affect the learning opportunities of students in the Holden R-III School District because your dollar stays right here in Holden.
The Foundation exists because of volunteers who desire to help our students succeed.
Here are ways you can help:
*Become a member
*Make a contribution
*Establish a memorial, pledge or tribute
*Assist with fundraisers
Holden R-III School Foundation Membership
*Grant Sponsor Recognition
- Friend - $50
- Family - $100
- Founder - $250
- Visionary - $500*
- Membership dues are annual
- There is always something you can do to help!
- To find out what that is, please call Central Office at (816) 732-5568 or email the Foundation at foundation.k12.mo.us