Holden R-III School Foundation
1612 S. Main St., Holden, MO 64040 | 816-732-5568 | email@example.com
Classrooms that come alive; students that are engaged; that’s where real learning lives. Watching caterpillars become butterflies, witnessing amazing forces of weather, getting “up-close and personal” with plants and bugs can be the spark that lights the fire of life-long learning for a child.
That’s where Holden R-III School Foundation comes in. Through teacher grants, scholarships and directed donations, the Foundation promotes excellence and supports the innovations that make our great school system, even better.
Support of the Foundation helps to:
- Encourage academic excellence for all students in the Holden R-III School District
· Each year, the Holden School Foundation awards high school seniors a scholarship to assist with their college education.
- Promote student and educator leadership and achievement
· Whether rewarding district educators with a Teacher Impact Grant, or funding ways to support students who excel in academic activities, the Foundation supports leadership and achievement throughout the district.
- Provide resources, facilities and technology that expand classrooms
· The Foundation awards teacher grants designed to help staff expand classrooms. Materials that can be used to further enhance learning opportunities are purchased to help many students for many years to come.
- Endorse a quality learning environment for each student and our community
· Donations directed through the Foundation have funded projects like the creation of the outdoor classroom at the Middle School, a sensory room at the Elementary School, and materials for publishing the yearbook at our own High School.
Holden’s children need you. You have the power to make a difference in their lives.
Contributions may include donations and memorials of any amount and financial supporting of fund-raising activities. The Foundation is a 501c(3) corporation; all donations are tax-deductible. Perhaps one of the best aspects of your support is that your donations will directly affect the learning opportunities of students in the Holden R-III School District because your dollar stays right here in Holden.
Holden R-III School District employees are eligible for payroll deduction. District staff donations combine to create over $5,000 every year; small sacrifices making big differences. Many employers offer matching gift programs. This is a great way to make your gift do even more. Check with your employer for details.
The Foundation is made up of volunteers from the community who value the uniqueness of each child and the importance of providing students further opportunities to excel in all areas of study. Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at the Holden Innovation Center, 124 W. 2nd Street, Holden, at 6:00 p.m.