Skip To Main Content
Fiscal & Fiduciary Responsibility
Goal 7: The district will create and monitor annual budgets that promote each student's academic success while maintaining a responsible and responsive fiscal plan.
Action Plan 7A: Create an Annual Budget
- The Board of Education, in conjunction with the Superintendent, will evaluate the budget priorities list and survey board members when necessary to revise the list.
- Create annual budgets that are responsive to student needs, have a focus on budget priorities as identified by the Board of Education, and comply with the law.
Action Plan 7B: Investigate Revenue Alternatives
- Investigate and apply for grant opportunities.
- Utilize guidance from the district facilities plan to develop a plan for a no-tax-increase bond issue.
- Monitor existing fund balances and develop a plan if necessary to campaign and pass a new district levy.
Action Plan 7C: Monitor Student Enrollment and Attendance
- Ensure that class sizes are consistent with grade-level and program standards as outlined in the Missouri School Improvement Plan (MSIP).
- Ensure that course offerings and time allotments are appropriate at each grade-level and course as outlined in the Missouri School Improvement Plan (MSIP).
- Monitor student attendance rates and student attendance incentives.
- Monitor and respond to legislative actions that have potential negative effects on public school enrollment.
Action Plan 7D: Provide Two-way, Reliable, and Representative Communication with All Stakeholders
- Review district communication plan and methods to provide regular two-way and reliable communication to all stakeholders.
- Intentionally engage parents/guardians and other stakeholders to create partnerships that support the development and achievement of district students.
Action Plan 7E: Engage in Continuous and Innovative Improvement
- Collect, analyze, and submit appropriate and required data and make data-based decisions.
- Use an intentional feedback system to improve and refine district performance.