Facilities & Safety
Goal 8: The district will maintain safe and appropriate facilities and procedures for students and staff.
Action Strategy 8A: Monitor and Update the Facilities Plan
- Review and revise the Facilities Master Plan with up-to-date maps, diagrams, maintenance and cleaning schedules, short- and long-term project lists, technology infrastructure information, and classroom equipment needs.
- Complete an educational capacity analysis for district facilities.
- Audit district technology infrastructure and develop a plan for staying ahead of technology advances.
Action Strategy 8B: Update Emergency Operating Procedures
- Review current practices, research best practices, update procedures, and digitize emergency procedures and Crisis Action Plans (CAPs) for easy access for staff and emergency personnel.
- Train all staff members on intruder or active shooter response protocols (A.L.I.C.E. - Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate).
- Complete district-wide safety audit.
Action Strategy 8C: Update Safety Technology Systems
- Update security camera systems and software.
- Expand and improve external and internal entry systems.
- Continue to improve and expand communication systems.
- Evaluate and improve fire and alarm systems.
Action Strategy 8D: Evaluate Contracted Services
- Meet with leaders of all contracted service departments to determine needs and evaluate current processes and procedures (Transportation, Food Service, Custodial and Maintenance, Technology, and Special Services).