- I graduated from Lee's Summit High School.
- I attended Truman State University in Kirksville, MO and earned a degree in English with an emphasis in writing and composition.
- After college, my first job was at the now nonexistent Belton Star-Herald newspaper where I was the sports editor and photographer.
- After leaving the newspaper business, I entered into a career in sales and was in insurance sales for much of my professional career. I primarily worked with rural farmers, ranchers and business owners in 6 states.
- I decided to leave the insurance profession almost two years ago and returned to school to earn my teaching certification. I earned my teaching certification through Missouri Western State University.
- I have two children; a daughter and a son.
- I firmly believe that to be successful in life, people need to learn how to work well with others, communicate effectively, learn to set goals, ask questions and continually seek knowledge, and be able to adapt to change.
- I believe every student is different and valuable and that every student can achieve. My goal is for every student to exit my class in a better position to reach their goals than when he or she entered.
Again, I am thrilled to be a Holden Eagle. In addition to teaching English, I will also be coaching softball this fall. I have a passion for sports and think it's important for teachers to know their students both inside and outside the classroom. If you ever have any questions, or would like to arrange a meeting, please feel free to email or call me. Thanks for trusting me with educating your kids. It's an honor I will not take lightly.