District Mission, Vision & Goals
Goal 1: The % of students scoring at or above the proficient level on state ELA assessments will increase annually to meet or exceed the annual "on track" MSIP target for all students and subgroups.
Goal 2: The % of students scoring at or above the proficient level on state Math assessments will increase annually to meet or exceed the annual "on track" MSIP target for all students and subgroups.
Goal 3: The district will create a comprehensive assessment plan identifying who uses the assessment data, when and how it is used, including measures of fidelity and measures of effectiveness.
Goal 4: A district scorecard will be developed with input from stakeholders.MISSIONThe mission for Holden R-III School District is for all students, upon graduation, to have marketable skills or the basis to be eligible for post-secondary educational opportunities.VISIONThe Holden R-III School District believes that:
- Education allows an opportunity for the maximum development of each individual;
- Education provides basis for the individual to achieve;
- A democratic society encourages the individual to become a productive, responsible member of society;
- A democratic society emphasizes democratic values and citizenship;
- Teachers provide opportunities for the individual to achieve;
- Teachers create a learning environment which encourages individual motivation;
- Parents/guardians embrace a basic confidence in the school;
- Parents/guardians cooperate and encourage the child to give his/her best efforts;
- Students possess attitudes conducive to fulfilling the responsibilities in the learning process
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, co-workers, and the community.
- Maintain high expectations, and use data to measure achievement.
- Interpret data to guide instruction and practices.
- Commit to grow professionally to meet the needs of yourself and others.